Sunday, July 19, 2009

Interview With A vampire: Cameron Bright aka Alec


You may have already seen Cameron in "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Thank You For Smoking." In "New Moon" he plays "Alec," one of the specially-gifted Volturi whose powers the coven value highly.

Were you a “Twilight” fan beforehand? Have you read the books?

Never read the books but I did watch the movie. Because a lot of people were saying like, it was half and half— all the guys were saying it was bad, and all the girls were saying it was good. I actually liked it, I didn’t mind it at all. And now obviously, I have to be in it, so…yeah [Laughs.]

In the audition process, how did it work?

We actually got a call, because I just live on the island [Vancouver Island], so we got a call and we were going to come over here, and I can’t remember happened, but I couldn’t come over. And I missed the audition and I was so panicked about it, so I called my agent, and I was like, “Give me their phone number, I’m going to say sorry.” And he’s like, “You may not have to, I think they’re just going to give it to you.” [Laughs.] And so we ended up just going, going, going…and sure enough they ended up just giving it to me. And obviously I’m not going to turn this down. I’m really honored to be in it.”

Is there pressure to kind of come into a movie that’s so big, as a new person?

Well it’s definitely different. Like, I was in “X-Men 3,” right? So that was kind of the same, but that was the last one of it. So I was in the last one, but this one there’s still two more coming. So it’s kind of mixing in and you know, it might give me a chance to finally be recognized and get bigger. Because all my other movies didn’t really have anything going for them until they came out; that was when they got it. Whereas this one already has a huge fan base because of the books and everything.

Do you have any instant fame or crazy fan stories to share? Something with the “Twilight” moms or anything?

[Laughs.] No not yet! I don’t know, I’ve only been here for two days, we have yet to see! I know when I first got here two days ago, right away two people hopped out the car outside the hotel, and are, “Cameron!” Obviously autograph collectors I guess, and they told me, “It’s your choice to go over to them or not.” I did, obviously; I’m not going to be an idiot. Went over and gave a couple of autographs, that’s about it. I mean, we’ll see what happens when it actually comes out.

You won’t be able to walk down the street.

I still will—it’s not going to hold me back.

Do you get to go to Italy with the rest of the crew?

Nope, the whole Volturi family is going except for me!

Awwww!

Yeah, exactly! [Laughs.] Maybe now they’ll be like, “We’ll send him, out of pity!

Do you have a project between now and “Eclipse”?

We don’t have anything planned, but “Eclipse” is set to start filming pretty quick. Obviously because we can’t have people growing up and being too big. Because in a year I might have a full beard, you never know, right? [Laughs.] Obviously still trying to get jobs, you know…you never know.

Watch the rest of the interview at MSN Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment